Announcement Introducing Relevance – content promotion news and insights. It’s the first publication solely dedicated to helping marketing and communications executives solve their online content visibility challenges.
Content curation is nothing new, but many marketers still aren’t taking advantage of the benefits it has to offer. Consumers no longer rely on one source to tell them which products are worthwhile or which trends are working well in the business space. If you come across articles that support your brand’s overall message, why not share that with your audience?
Content curation serves marketers in two ways: it allows marketers to educate readers without pushing their own product, and it helps them learn which topics their readers are most interested in.
Get started with social media
Social media offers an easy way to get started with content curation. Consumers are turned off by brands that do nothing but self-promote; they want to follow brands that provide valuable information. To understand which topics interest your readers the most, start by monitoring how your followers respond to various kinds of content. Once you’ve done that, you can start incorporating topics you know they will be interested in to your blog queue.
So, how much content should you curate on social media to boost engagement? According to a recent study done by Trapit, content marketers believe brands should curate at least 10 pieces of content daily. Every industry is unique, but keep this number in mind when you get started and find out what frequency works best for your brand.
Tools for discovering great content
So how in the world will you find the time to gather enough valuable and unique content to share throughout the day? Lucky for you, there are several tools you can start using today to discover new content:
- Scoop.It! - The content available on Scoop.it is completely user-generated. Set specific topics of interest when you sign up, and Scoop.it will deliver content that other users have “scooped.” If you see something valuable, you can add it to your own board of curated content to reference later on. You can even share straight from Scoop.it to your social profiles. If you see something of interest on the web that hasn’t been scooped, add a new scoop so others may discover it.
- Feedly - With Feedly, not only can you follow blogs you know you want to read, you can also find and organize content by topics you’re interested in. Feedly’s only drawback is that it doesn’t feature visual content like videos and images.
- Klout - The new Klout was recently launched, which many marketers are finding to be incredibly valuable. Klout now considers topics that you find interesting and factors in what will resonate with your audience to deliver new content you likely haven’t seen yet. The new Klout also provides stats on how likely your followers are to engage with the content, as well as the likelihood that they’ve already viewed it.
- List.ly - Just as the name suggests, List.ly allows you to create lists for your topics of interest. Once you’ve created a collection of articles, you can invite others to vote on which pieces of content they like or dislike, so you can avoid sharing something your audience will not resonate with.
- Trapit - The more you use Trapit, the more relevant the content it delivers becomes. Trapit factors in what you like and dislike about certain pieces of content and uses that information to deliver only the best. You can browse its library of over 100,000 articles, or add your own choices to the mix for others to see.
What other tools have you found valuable when it comes to content discovery? Comment below to let us know!
Image credit: Sumall.com
Want more resources
Relevance.com contributors combine decades of experience with unique insights into the content promotion and distribution industry. View all our Contributors
In case you missed
Read more of the latest news and insights from thought leaders in content promotion and distribution.
Welcome to a community dedicated to solving the challenge of getting online content seen and consumed by the right audience on the best channels.
Get the latest content promotion news and insights everyday.
Thank you for subscribing please check your email for verification.